Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

I've gotten one more hat done for Fairview Hospital:




Simple pattern:


With size 5 dpns (6 if you are a very tight knitter) CO 60 (divide them 14,16,14,16 so you will always start the next needle with a K; I find this helps me avoid ladders).


K1,P1 ribbing for 20 rows, st st for 2o rows.


Decrease for crown:


K5, K2tog around, K 1 row. (Do not worry if it doesn't come out quite even; fudge if necessary)


K4, K2tog around, K1 row


and so on, until K2tog around. Cut yarn, leaving enough of a tail to run through the stitches and pull tight. Weave in ends.





And here is the Baby Surprise Jacket I'm working on. Bernat Sweet Stripes and 4mm KnitPicks Harmony needles.

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Darling hat Elizabeth!! And thanks so much for sharing the pattern too :) I can't wait to see your finished Baby Surprise Jacket. I've seen a lot of these lately and definitely want to make one someday too. That yellow is adorable!

knittymuggins