Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hi there!

My name is Kathy, and I live in Iowa. During 2006, I knit quite a few items for charity. (Mostly going to CIC or "Children in Common"). I fell short during 2007. Not sure why, but I did. So - my New Year's resolution is to do more charity knitting in 2008. My goal is at least one item each month. I hope to exceed that goal quite often.

I think being a member of this group will keep me motivated and on track. Thanks for allowing me to join in.Today, I finished my first item. It is a pair of felted children's mittens. They should be warm, and the "fur" should be fun for some little girl. They are 7 inches from bottom of cuff to tip of the hand. Not sure what age that will fit, but hopefully someone. They were quite fun to make, my first experience with "fun fur". Not sure which organization these will eventually go to. I plan to accumulate a few, and then go in search of a group that can use them. Some groups need certain items and not others....that sort of thing.

Hope to be back soon....with my next finished item. Thanks again for having me...
k

3 comments:

Jess P. said...

Fun! Those mittens will make some tween very happy.

Jenny said...

Hi Kathy! Looks like you're off to a great start :)

Knittymuggins said...

Darling mittens! I'm sure they will make a girl very happy :) Thanks for sharing!

knittymuggins