Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Newbie's Intro

Hello, everyone! My name is Kimberlyn and I'm from Lansing, Michigan. I just started knitting on December 15, and I'm already addicted! I teach junior high school, and my hope is to start a charity knitting group with some of my students. We're going to knit squares for Close Knit Hugs, an organization that provides handmade blankets to victims of natural disasters here in the United States. Currently, Close Knit Hugs is piecing together squares and donating the finished blankets to Blankets for the Gulf. Each Close Knit Hugs afghan consists of 35 8 x 8-inch squares, and my hope is that my students can produce enough squares between now and June for at least one blanket.

Aside from Close Knit Hugs, the charities I would like to work with in 2008 are as follows:
Christmas at Sea
Knit Your Bit
Red Scarf Project
Project Linus
St. Casimir Prayer Shawl Ministry

Happy New Year to you all!
Kimberlyn

1 comment:

Knittymuggins said...

Welcome Kimberlyn! Hooray for discovering the knitting addiction too! Glad to have you joining us :) I'm interested in some of the links you shared, so when I have a spare moment I'm going to go check those out....

knittymuggins