Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hi, everyone

I'm a bit new to blogging, so let me introduce myself. I'm Elizabeth, also known as Slytheringrrl. I just started blogging, but have been knitting for some time. There are so many good knitting causes that it's hard to decide; in the past I've sent things to Dulaan and Project Linus but there are so many places that need help. I like doing work for babies, as the projects are portable and go quickly. Fairview Hospital (where I was born) gives a new hat to every baby born there, and they even give you the yarn, which is very nice for a knitter on a budget. I've got a few done but need to do a few more. I've also made a pair of socks for Children in Common and a bear for the Mother Bear project. So, I suppose my goal is to do more of what I've already done to make it worth mailing a package.

OTN: a sock, a hat, sudoku afghan squares (same color or pattern not in the same row or column) on square 2 of 81. However, I got some yarn for Christmas and have a nice stash including some from my MIL who really did achieve SABLE. I miss her, so I like to use her yarn for something "worth it". We're going to the movies tonight so I think I will be able to crank on the hat, as it's in the stockinette section.

ES

2 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Elizabeth! It sounds like you've got lots of nice places to give to and I especially like how your local hospital give hats to every newborn and even provides the yarn :)

I'm afraid I'm going to sound really stupid here, but what is "SABLE"? I've seen the acronym before but don't know what it means.

Anyway, so nice to meet you and have fun at the movies :)

knittymuggins

Jess P. said...

I'm totally intrigued by the soduko afghan, do you have a pattern or is it something you've made up? My father-in-law (who once knit a sweater & is completely addicted to soduko) would think that was the coolest gift ever.