Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hi, Nice to Meet You!

Hello, my name is Jill.

I'm in my early twenties... I work in Education and I play in crafts. I really enjoy knitting and love donating some of my finished pieces to people who really need it. I'm delighted to join this KAL with others who are likeminded.

For the past two years I have been knitting to support Project Warm-Up, a program through the Whatcom Volunteer Center in northwestern Washington State. The program collects donations throughout the year and each November donates to local agencies. This year I'll be doing the same... in addition to a matching donation to Warm Woolies. I really like the idea of warming up someone close by and someone far away.

Good luck with everyone's knitting. I can't wait to see what this KAL produces!

2 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

What a small world Jill! I had no idea that you lived in/near Whatcom county! So do I ;) I'll have to find out more from you about the charity here that you donate to. I'd love to be able to donate locally! Thanks for sharing...

knittymuggins

Jill said...

Wow! No kidding small world. What a nice surprise!